Terms and Conditions
Last updated January 17, 2024
The following terms and conditions (Terms) govern Your access and use of the services, browser extension and website offered over the internet and blockchain by Revoke.cash (Revoke.cash, We, Us, Our) on https://revoke.cash. Revoke.cash provides services, a website and a browser extension ("Services") that enables users to revoke token approvals they have granted with their cryptocurrency wallet and provides additional security advice for crypto users.
The use of Our Services is subject to the Terms set forth below. By visiting this website, installing the browser extension, connecting your wallet and/or using Our Services, You understand and agree to the Terms stated herein and create a legally binding contract between You and Revoke.cash. Deviations from these Terms are only allowed with Our prior written consent.
- Services: The entire range of products, services, tools, platforms and websites offered over the internet and blockchain by Revoke.cash;
- Users: Any person or entity that visits the website and/or uses the Services (also referred to as User, Users, You, Your);
- Affiliates: Any third parties engaged by Us to provide a portion of the Services, in accordance with these Terms.
- In order to use the Services, You agree that: a) You are of legal age in Your jurisdiction and legally able to represent yourself or Your business using Our Services; b) You agree to provide true and complete information and keep that information true and complete during Your use of the Services; and c) You accept these Terms on behalf of You or Your company by connecting Your cryptocurrency wallet to the website. Furthermore, by using the Services You represent and warrant that You have the legal right and authority to enter into these Terms and to perform Your obligations under these Terms.
- You are solely responsible for secure access to Your cryptocurrency wallet and preventing unauthorized access and/or use by third parties. You agree that You alone are responsible for all activity that occurs under Your cryptocurrency wallet and We assume that all actions undertaken from Your cryptocurrency wallet via the Services are authorized and supervised by You. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from unauthorized use of Your cryptocurrency wallet and We cannot locate any lost login credentials to Your cryptocurrency wallet.
- We merely make the Services available for use by Our Users. We are not a broker, financial advisor, financial institution, custodian, creditor or anything in between. We are not a party to any agreement between the Users and other Users and/or visitors of the Services.
Acceptable Use Policy
You will not use Our Services or permit Our Services to be used in a manner that:
- Violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law, regulation or policy;
- gives rise to civil liability, or conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, under any applicable federal, state, local or international law, regulation or policy;
- Assist others in violating third-party rights, such as promoting hacking tools;
- Spreads malicious software such as viruses or otherwise damage, disable, overburden or impair the Services;
- Damages the reputation of Revoke.cash;
- Violates the privacy rights of any person;
- Impersonates or misrepresents You or Your affiliation with any person or entity; and/or
- Violates intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
Furthermore, You agree that You will not:
- Use the Services in a way that may interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or prevent other Users from fully enjoying the Service, or that may overburden, impair, disable or damage the Services in any manner, and/or use, develop and/or interact with any software, bots or smart contracts that result in the foregoing;
- Try to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect, impair, disable or damage any part of the Services including any server, computer or database connected to the Services;
- Use the Services for money laundering, terrorist financing or deliberately engaging in activities designed to circumvent applicable anti-money laundering, sanctions, export controls, and other international trade laws;
- Use the Services for any financial activity unrelated to the purpose of the Services, such as trading of securities, options, initial coin offerings, stocks, real estate and similar financial instruments; and/or
- Transfer, resell, lease, license, sublicense or otherwise make available the Services to third parties, except as expressly permitted under these Terms.
We may decide to suspend or block Your access to the Services without prior notice and without any liability for any damage, liabilities, losses (including any loss of data or profits) or any other consequences that You may incur as a result.
If in Our sole opinion the continued functioning of the Services is actually or under threat of being damaged or jeopardized, for example through excessive transmission of data, leaks of data or other illegal activity, We may take all measures We reasonably consider necessary to prevent, avert or end such damage or threat.
We may recoup from You all damages We suffer as a result of Your violation of the Acceptable Use Policy described in this section. You agree and hold harmless Revoke.cash from any and all third-party claims arising out of Your violation of this Acceptable Use Policy.
You agree to only use the Services in accordance with how they have been provided to You and in accordance with these Terms and applicable law. You will be solely responsible for (a) all use of the Services via Your cryptocurrency wallet, including prohibited acts as described above and; (b) any (personal) information and other content submitted by You under these Terms and processed or stored by the Services.
User suspension and termination
While We have no obligation to screen or monitor any content, information, communications or activity from our Users, We may suspend and/or block Your access to Our Services immediately if We, in Our sole discretion, determine that:
- Your use violates Our Acceptable Use Policy;
- You have materially breached any part of this Agreement;
- Your use of the Services is prohibited by any applicable federal, state, local or international law, regulation or policy or the terms of any third-party providers;
- Your use of the Services threatens the security or availability of the Services;
If We suspend or block Your access due to the reasons mentioned in this Section, We will have no liability for any damage, liabilities, losses (including any loss of data or profits), or any other consequences that You may incur as a result.
Availability and maintenance
- We make no promises regarding the availability of the Services. The Services are provided "as is" and "as available" without warranty of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, We and Our Affiliates hereby disclaim all warranties (express, implied, or statutory) including any implied warranty of a) merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the Service; b) that the Services will be uninterrupted, secure, reliable or error-free; c) any financial consequences arising out of the Your use of the Services; and/or d) the quality of the Services and any products, information, services or other material obtained through the Services will meet Your expectation. Furthermore, We do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for unavailability of the Services or any other circumstance which may result in the Services being unavailable, including Force Majeure situations (as described in Section 16).
- We make commercially reasonable efforts to improve the functionality of the Services and to correct faults/errors. Maintenance or modifications can take place at any time, even if this may negatively impact the availability of the Services, but is announced in advance whenever possible.
- We reserve the right to make changes, suspend or discontinue the Services at all times. We appreciate any voluntary suggestions or feedback, but please note that We are under no obligation to use Your suggestions and when You send Us any such information, You grant Us a free, perpetual and unlimited license to use this information.
Disclaimer and assumption of risk
An essential part of the Services is that it uses new technologies to deliver the Services to You, such as blockchains, smart contracts, cryptocurrency wallets, digital assets and cryptocurrencies, which are inherently insecure and pertain to risks that are out of Our control and under certain circumstances fall under Force Majeure (as described in Section 16). You acknowledge and agree to assume full responsibility for all of the risks of accessing and using the Services and You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for any of the risks associated with Your use of the Services and We cannot be held liable for any resulting losses that You experience while accessing or using the Services. Furthermore, You acknowledge and agree that:
- Digital assets and cryptocurrency prices are extremely volatile and constantly fluctuate in price which might result in financial losses;
- Records of ownership of digital assets and associated metadata are stored on the blockchain and there is no assurance that blockchain records and metadata shall be available indefinitely;
- Digital assets and cryptocurrencies are always at risk of cyberattacks, fraud, corruption, stealing, hacking, accessing without permission etc. by malicious actors, and as such might lead to (financial) losses due to fraudulent or accidental transactions that are not recoverable
- International laws, regulations and policies that apply to the Services and Your use of the Services are uncertain, unclear and constantly in motion, which might adversely affect the Services and can result in termination of suspension of (parts of) the Services;
- Parts of the Services are comprised of user generated content, which might (temporarily) include misappropriated, illegal, intellectual property infringing, and other content that is prohibited by Our Acceptable Use Policy;
- You are solely responsible for any damage to Your computer, hardware, software, cryptocurrency wallet(s) and any loss of access thereto and loss of data, assets and tokens therefrom;
- The information on the website in connection with the Services are provided solely for informational purposes and is not financial, legal, tax, accounting or professional advice nor a recommendation, invitation, offer or solicitation to buy, sell and/or trade cryptocurrencies and digital assets;
- The Services enable you to use and interact with smart contracts. Interacting with smart contracts is entirely at Your own risk and We do not accept responsibility for any risks associated with smart contracts; and
- Investing in cryptocurrencies involves a high degree of risk, including the potential loss of the entire investment. You understand and agree that we are not responsible for any resulting losses that you experience while interacting with any tokens via our Services. We hereby disclaim any warranties or representations, express or implied, including without limitation any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
This list is not exhaustive and does not disclose all risks associated with the use of Our Services.
Under no circumstances will We be responsible or liable to You for the any losses, damages or claims arising from: a) Your personal errors such as forgotten passwords, incorrectly constructed transactions, clicking on phishing links etc.; b) blockchain and/or hosting server failure or lost data; c) corrupted digital files and cryptocurrency wallet(s); d) unauthorized access to Your cryptocurrency wallet(s), account or applications; e) Your use of third party software or applications that You access, visit or use for the purpose of using the Services (e.g. Metamask and Your browser); and/or (f) any unauthorized third party activities regarding the Services, You, Your hard- and software, cryptocurrency wallet and/or applications, including without limitation the use of viruses, phishing, social engineering, brute forcing or other means of attack against the Services.
Revoke.cash IP - Revoke.cash (or Our licensor or supplier, as applicable) is the exclusive owner of any and all intellectual property rights vesting in and relating to the Services and and all modifications, extensions, customizations, underlying source- and object code, scripts, or other derivative works of the Services, such as, but not limited to patents, patent applications, trademarks, trademark applications, database rights, service marks, trade names, trade secrets, copyrights, licenses, domain names, smart contracts, information and content on the website, know-how and processes (Revoke.cash IP). Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to assign or confer to Users of the Services any Revoke.cash IP. By using our Services, We grant You a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable, temporary and revocable license to the Revoke.cash IP as described above solely to the extent necessary for You to make fair use of the Services.
Affiliates and third parties
- When using the Services, You might choose to access, visit or use third party websites, products and services to interact with Our browser extension, website and the Services, such as the Ethereum network, Your browser, cryptocurrency wallet provider and NFT marketplaces. Please note that We do not own or control third parties that You might access or use to interact with the Services. We cannot be held liable for any acts or omissions of any such third parties, nor will We be liable for any damage that You may suffer as a result of Your interaction with such third parties.
- The Services may contain links to third party websites, resources and services. These third parties are not under Our control and are provided for Your convenience only. We are not responsible for Your interaction with any third parties linked to or from the Services and We accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from You visiting those links. You are solely responsible for using those third parties at Your own risk and are subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies applicable to such third party websites, resources and services.
Our Services are provided to you for free. However, there are gas fees involved with interacting with the smart contracts that you want to revoke access to. These gas fees are inherently linked to interacting with any blockchain. Blockchains require the payment of a transaction fee (a Gas Fee) for every transaction that occurs on the network as consideration for the miners that mine Your transaction on the blockchain. This means that to use some parts of the Services, You might need to pay a Gas Fee for each transaction You send via Your cryptocurrency wallet.
KYC and anti-money laundering
- Each Party warrants and represents that it will comply with all applicable anti-money laundering, sanctions, export controls, and other international trade laws, regulations, and governmental orders of the United States of America, the United Nations, the European Union, the United Kingdom, Australian or any other relevant governmental authority.
- Each party warrants and represents that it, or any of its affiliates, beneficial owners, related entities, or any person or entity for whom it acts as agent or representative in connection with the Services and these Terms is not a designated party on the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the United States Treasury Department list as provided and updated from time to time at https://www.treas.gov/ofac.
Term and termination
- These terms enter into force as soon as You accept these terms by visiting the website, installing our browser extension and/or using the Services and shall remain in force until terminated by Either party.
- Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement:
- You will immediately cease all use of, and access to, the relevant Services;
- All rights, obligations and licenses granted to You under these Terms will immediately terminate.
- We will delete any of Your personal information stored by us, if any, after expiry of the applicable retention period for the storage of Your personal information. A longer retention period might apply in case of a statutory financial obligation to retain certain information, or if retention is necessary to prosecute or defend a legal claim. We will only retain such information for as long as needed to resolve the claim or comply with applicable law.
- Users will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Revoke.cash, its parents, subsidiaries, Affiliates, partners, service providers, contractors, suppliers, licensors and licensees, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, interns, employees, contractors, agents, representatives, assigns and successors-in-interest of each of the foregoing, from and against any and all third party claims (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of, connected with, or relating to: (i) the breach of any of their responsibilities, representations and/or warranties set forth in these Terms; ii) Users’ breach of these Terms or any documents incorporated by reference; and/or iii) Our exercise of any rights granted by User under this Agreement; and/or (iv) infringement or misappropriation of any third party’s rights, such as intellectual property rights; and/or (v) violation of any applicable federal, state, local or international law, regulation or policy, such as data protection law.
- We will defend, indemnify and hold harmless User from and against any and all third party claims arising out of, connected with, or relating to infringement or misappropriation of a third party’s intellectual property rights by Us.
Limitation of liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will We be liable to You or any third party for any damages, claims or loss of profits, revenues, goodwill, data, business interruption or indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive loss or damages, whether an action is in contract or tort or otherwise and regardless of the theory of liability, arising from these Terms, the Services or any content or information originating or derived thereof and/or a Force Majeure situation (as described in Section 16).
- To the greatest extent permitted by applicable law, Our liability shall not exceed the Gas Fees paid or payable as a result of the Services giving rise to the liability during the three (3) month period preceding the first incident out of which the liability arose, regardless of the theory of liability or whether the action is in contract or tort or otherwise.
- Damages can only be claimed if reported in writing to Us within two months after discovery.
- Force Majeure: Each Party will be excused from any failure or delay to the extent caused by unavoidable events beyond its reasonable control such as natural catastrophes, laws, orders, regulations, directions or actions of governmental authorities, failure of any third-party operating systems, platforms, applications or networks not under the Party’s reasonable control. All Parties will take reasonable actions to minimize the consequences of these events. Operating a business in the cryptocurrency, Web3 and blockchain space is inherently insecure and pertains to risks that are out of Our control. Therefore additional Cryptocurrency Related Force Majeure also applies to these Terms and includes: regulatory decisions and events not under the Party’s reasonable control that affect Our business model and/or the Services, such as blockchain suspensions, forking, blockchain failures, coding errors, token locks, protocol hacks and/or new regulations or policies that adversely affect the Services.
- If a Force Majeure event arises, both Parties agree to take all reasonable actions necessary to to minimize the consequences of these events in a practical matter, if feasible, such as adapting the Services.
- A Party will be excused from future performance under these Terms, if (i) the other Party becomes, directly or indirectly, subject to sanctions or restrictive measures imposed by competent governmental authorities, or (ii) the performance of any aspect of these Terms would require that Party to engage in a transaction with a person, directly or indirectly, subject to such sanctions or restrictive measures.
- We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue the Services, or any features thereof, temporarily or permanently, at any time with or without notice to You in Our sole discretion.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms and any related documentation and disclaimers in Our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately and apply to all access to and use of the Services thereafter. Any such changes will be notified to You by changing the ‘Last Updated’ date on the top of these Terms. Your continued use of the Services after the date any such changes become effective constitutes Your acceptance of the new Terms.
Governing law, dispute resolution, class action waiver
- This Agreement will be interpreted, construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with the laws of the Netherlands. Any and all disputes between the Parties will be exclusively litigated and venued in the Court of Amsterdam, the Netherlands, to which jurisdiction each Party exclusively and irrevocably submits.
- Disputes - Parties agree to first try to solve any disputes amicably by notifying the other party of their concerns with a Notice of Dispute. Such a Notice of Dispute should be sent to [email protected] and describe the details of the claim or dispute and suggested solution. If both parties do not resolve the dispute in an amicable manner within 60 days of the other party receiving the notice, the other party may submit their dispute to arbitration as described below.
- Arbitration - Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of, relating to or in connection with these Terms, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, that is not solved amicably between parties, shall be exclusively resolved on an individual basis by final and binding arbitration in accordance with the Netherlands Arbitration Institute Arbitration Rules. The language of the arbitration shall be English.The parties are to share costs and the arbitrator’s costs equally. Each party will remain responsible for its own attorneys’ fees. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
- Class action waiver - To the greatest extent permitted by applicable law, the parties agree that neither Party can bring a dispute, controversy or claim as a plaintiff or class member in a class action, consolidated action, or representative action. You can only seek relief, including monetary, injunctive and declaratory, on an individual basis.
- Severability If a court of competent jurisdiction holds any provision of these Terms to be contrary to applicable law, that provision will be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent allowed by law and the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
- Assignment - Users may not assign, delegate, or otherwise transfer any of its rights or obligations under these Terms without Our prior written consent. We may assign, delegate, or otherwise transfer any or all of its rights or obligations under these Terms as part of a merger, sale or acquisition of Revoke.cash or (parts of) the associated business activities. After any authorized assignment, delegation, or transfer, all Terms will be binding on successor entities.
- Entire agreement - This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the Parties on the subject hereof and supersedes all prior understandings and instruments on such subject. This Agreement may not be modified other than by a written instrument executed by duly authorized representatives of the Parties.
- No waiver - No failure or delay by either Party in exercising any right or enforcing any provision under these Terms will constitute a waiver of that right, provision, or any other provision. Failure of either Party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such provision or any other provision(s) of this Agreement. Any waiver must be in writing and signed by each Party to be legally binding.
- Independent Contractor - Each Party is an independent contractor and nothing in these Terms is intended to create an employer-employee relationship or a partnership, agency, joint venture, or franchise.
The Services are operated by Revoke.cash as part of Kalis Software B.V.. All feedback, comments, requests for technical support, notices of Intellectual property infringement and other communications relating to the Services should be directed to: [email protected].